hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Elliott Clark <ecl...@stumbleupon.com>
Subject Re: deprecating (old) metrics in favor of metrics2 framework
Date Fri, 13 Jul 2012 00:11:32 GMT
>From what I know about using guice it's best to only have on injector per
application.  So It's not really possible to only implement metrics with
guice.  There would need to be a medium amount of of work to pipe it all
the way from HMasterCommandLine/HRegionserverCommandLine alll the way to
metrics.  Probably something we should look into after the current patch
goes in so that we don't couple the two discussions too tightly.