hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Elliott Clark <ecl...@stumbleupon.com>
Subject Re: deprecating (old) metrics in favor of metrics2 framework
Date Tue, 10 Jul 2012 23:58:56 GMT
I would think so yes.  Talked with Todd on irc and he suggested a good
solution, shim jars that are loaded based on what version of hadoop is on
the class path.  However to get that working is a lot more work than just
rewriting some classes to use the metrics2 namespace.  As such it seems way
too early to think about removing the working code.