hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Jean-Daniel Cryans <jdcry...@apache.org>
Subject Re: HBase 0.94.1
Date Tue, 10 Jul 2012 16:55:47 GMT
On Tue, Jul 10, 2012 at 9:37 AM, Stack <stack@duboce.net> wrote:
> I'd usually update the stable pointer to the new .0 release but didn't
> this time.  It was part oversight and partly the fact that we've not
> brought 0.94 up fully at SU yet.

To follow up on that, 0.94 is only on a dev cluster at the moment and
we're about to deploy a new refresh. One issue that's really a blocker
for us is:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-6310 "-ROOT- corruption
when .META. is using the old encoding scheme"

I can't have my clusters fail to boot after some outage because .META.
isn't reachable. We're still digging.

Another issue that I haven't looked into too much yet is that the new
hbck cannot be used on an old cluster.

Right now what I'm getting is not what I usually get but it's:

ERROR: .META. is found on more than one region.
ERROR: Encountered fatal error. Exiting...

Although:

hbase(main):001:0> scan '-ROOT-'
ROW                                           COLUMN+CELL
12/07/10 16:51:58 INFO security.UserGroupInformation: JAAS
Configuration already set up for Hadoop, not re-installing.
 .META.,,1                                    column=info:regioninfo,
timestamp=1331755381142, value={NAME => '.META.,,1', STARTKEY => '',
ENDKEY => '', ENCODED => 1028785192,}
 .META.,,1                                    column=info:server,
timestamp=1341618049327, value=sfor3s40:10304
 .META.,,1
column=info:serverstartcode, timestamp=1341618049327,
value=1341515423853
 .META.,,1                                    column=info:v,
timestamp=1331755419291, value=\x00\x00
1 row(s) in 0.5370 seconds

So I guess it's something new we need to debug...