hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: [poll] Does anyone run or test against hadoop 0.21, 0.22, 0.23 under HBase 0.92.0+/0.94.0?
Date Thu, 19 Jul 2012 09:23:04 GMT
On Thu, Jul 19, 2012 at 3:09 AM, Jonathan Hsieh <jon@cloudera.com> wrote:
>> I'd +1 that.  I believe the decision regarding hadoop 1.0 as the min
> version in 0.96 really means that we could remove shim code currently
> present to support the older 0.20-append branch then (hflush vs hsync,
> etc).

Let that be our answer going forward; customization's go into the
hadoop compatibility modules in 0.96 forward.

> The fact that our pom doesn't contain the 0.20-append branch on
> 0.92+ basically says to me that we aren't really testing against that at
> all these days.

Agreed.  But if someone showed up w/ a patch to fix a bug in
branch-0.20-append, we'd take it on.

> Today we only really run unit tests on hadoop 1.0 -- we have a hadoop 23
> compile check that is done and if that build fails on jenkins no alarms are
> raised (that said, the builds against 1.0.0 are better but still in pretty
> rough shape).  Once we fix the last of the hadoop 2.0 unit tests
> uptream I'd like to turn on the hudson builds to build and test trunk
> against hadoop 2.0. As it stands today, trunk needs HBASE-5876 -- which
> needs to be renamed to be hadoop 2.0; 0.94 would needs
> +HBASE-5966,HBASE-5985 which are already on trunk, and 0.92 need 5966, 5985
> and two I believe 2 others but does not need HBASE-5876.

Thanks for keeping an account Jon.  Lets see how this discussion
finishes up then write up how we go forward.

St.Ack