hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: hdfs jiras
Date Mon, 23 Jul 2012 16:59:43 GMT
On Mon, Jul 23, 2012 at 1:15 PM, N Keywal <nkeywal@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> FYI, I created a set of jira in HDFS, related to HBase MTTR or recovery alone.
>
> HDFS-3706 :Add the possibility to mark a node as 'low priority' for
> reads in the DFSClient
> HDFS-3705: Add the possibility to mark a node as 'low priority' for
> writes in the DFSClient
> HDFS-3704: In the DFSClient, Add the node to the dead list when the
> ipc.Client call fails
> HDFS-3703: Decrease the datanode failure detection time
> HDFS-3702: Add an option for NOT writing the blocks locally if there
> is a datanode on the same box as the client
> HDFS-3701: HDFS may miss the final block when reading a file opened
> for writing if one of the datanode is dead

Thanks for doing the above.

What about your idea where you'd like to have different socket
timeouts dependent on what we're doing?  Or Todd's idea of being able
to try a DN replica and if its taking too long to read, move on to the
next one quick?  To do this, do you think we'd need to get our fingers
into the DFSClient in other areas?

Good stuff,
St.Ack