hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: [poll] Does anyone run or test against hadoop 0.21, 0.22, 0.23 under HBase 0.92.0+/0.94.0?
Date Thu, 19 Jul 2012 00:09:26 GMT
On Wed, Jul 18, 2012 at 9:58 PM, Jonathan Hsieh <jon@cloudera.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to get a feel to see how affected folks would be if we
> potentially only had hbase support a hadoop 1.0 build and a hadoop 2.0
> build profile (and perhaps a hadoop 3.0-SNAPSHOT proflile).  Specifically,
> does anyone use hbase on top of hadoop 0.21.x, 0.22.x, or 0.23.x (which
> became hadoop 2.0.x recently)

Jon, what versions of HBase are you asking about?  A while back we
said that HBase 0.96.0 would be the first release that could assume
for a minimum a 1.0.x API [1].  Previous releases we postulated
(though probably haven't tested much) could be run on versions as old
as branch-0.20-append.  We might want to reexamine this "decision" if
we we are talking HBase 0.94 (or even HBase 0.92)?

+1 on hadoop 1.0 and 2.0 versions/APIs only.  I'd be fine w/ a 3.0 snapshot.

Any more versions than this and we'll be spending all dev effort on a
shim layer that looks like the Pompidou Center to make the various
HBase versions run (slowly) over all 57 varieties of Hadoop.

St.Ack

1. http://search-hadoop.com/m/5qFYe24EsUb2/hbase+0.96+hadoop+1.0&subj=Re+DISCUSS+Have+hbase+require+at+least+hadoop+1+0+0+in+hbase+0+96+0+