hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: HBase 0.94.1
Date Tue, 10 Jul 2012 16:23:51 GMT
On Tue, Jul 10, 2012 at 1:46 AM, lars hofhansl <lhofhansl@yahoo.com> wrote:
> 0.94 is already out and did not have these deprecated. So deprecating them now in a point
release is a bit strange.
> Not -1'ing it, just raising that thought here.
>
> As said below because of HBASE-6311 0.94.1 should get out soon. If push comes to shuff
are folks ok with:
> 1. deprecating in a point release
> 2. maybe doing that in 0.94.2
> ?

In the past, we'd remove public APIs after deprecating them across a
full major release: i.e. we'd deprecate something we want to remove in
0.96.0 in 0.94.0 (not 0.94.1).  Are the metrics changes to public
"stable" APIs?  If so, I'd ask why change our convention now?   If
they are "evolving", we might bend the rules.

Regards, what goes into 0.94.1, its up to the release manager.  They
can entertain petitions regards what to include but ultimately its up
to the RM when it happens and what is in it.

St.Ack