hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Varun kumar <varun15082...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: HBase setting up issue
Date Sat, 07 Jul 2012 07:26:21 GMT
Hi Jesse,

Thank you !

Initially I was using Maven2 and compiling the code. That was my mistake.
Later I was using the mvn clean package -DskipTests command and that was my
next mistake !

Finally I re-ran as per your suggestion. BUILD was successful.
But I was not clear on importing the .project file as stated in this site
http://hbase.apache.org/book.html#ides into eclipse.

In the intial post of Michael Morello,
http://michaelmorello.blogspot.com/2011/09/hbase-subversion-eclipse-windows.html

there is a update as follows

*Update : please note that since
HBase-4336<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-4336>/ HBase
0.96 the source tree is split in more than one Maven module this
post is no more relevant, i have created a new post on this subject :
http://michaelmorello.blogspot.fr/2012/06/hbase-096-eclipse-maven.html*

As per his next post
http://michaelmorello.blogspot.com/2012/06/hbase-096-eclipse-maven.html

I was able to run the Hbase compilation successfully !

Now the instructions in http://hbase.apache.org/book.html#ides has put me
in a state of confusion. Will the command line method still work ?

I am newbie, so I trying to learn HBase thoroughly ! Maven2  usage was the
pitfall !
Thanks for your inputs .It really helped me to understand my errors !

Regards,
Varun