hbase-dev mailing list archives

From lars hofhansl <lhofha...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: ANN: The first hbase 0.94.1 release candidate is available for download
Date Tue, 17 Jul 2012 21:18:23 GMT
I created a public Google spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AvLqcVIqNtlTdHM0LTlwQVAyUDJ2U2Z1bEprSEYxdXc#gid=0

If you do some testing on the 0.94.1RC please put a note there. Any testing help is greatly
appreciated.

Feel free to add new tests there as well as you see fit.

This is an experiment of course. If I find that document vandalized I'll need to remove it.

Thanks.

-- Lars

----- Original Message -----
From: lars hofhansl <lhofhansl@yahoo.com>
To: hbase-dev <dev@hbase.apache.org>
Sent: Monday, July 16, 2012 8:08 PM
Subject: ANN: The first hbase 0.94.1 release candidate is available for download

The first 0.94.1 RC is available for download here: http://people.apache.org/~larsh/hbase-0.94.1-rc0/
I managed to forget the password for my code signing key, sigh. I create a new one and uploaded
it to pgp.mit.edu. Key id: A1AC25A9

0.94.1 is a bugfix release and has 141 issues resolved against it.

The full list of changes is available here:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&jqlQuery=project+%3D+HBASE+AND+fixVersion+%3D+%220.94.1%22+AND+status+%3D+Resolved+ORDER+BY+priority+DESC&mode=hide

This RC was built locally on my machine, since we are having trouble with the Jenkins machines
and the tests in general.

Please take the RC for a spin, check out the doc, etc, and vote +1/-1 by July 31th on whether
we should release this as 0.94.0.

This wiki has a list of general areas to test: http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/ReleaseCandidateTestMatrix
(Thanks to Dave Wang.)
(The wiki seems down at the moment, I will send a link to a 0.94.1RC0 specific testing matrix
soon)

Thanks.

-- Lars