hbase-dev mailing list archives

From "Ionut Ignatescu" <ionut.ignate...@gmail.com>
Subject How to merge regions?
Date Tue, 17 Jul 2012 17:08:18 GMT
Thanks for your answer, @Stack!

Your approach seems very sane, but I want to add/clarify some aspects:

- I created the table with 32 regions and first byte of my key is used to
write in a distributed manner. In this way, the empty regions are at the
begin of the initial regions,

but seen from the entire range, this regions are in the middle of the keys
domain.

- Let's say I have more consecutive empty regions. I'm considering 2 options
in this situation: merge empty partitions in a bigger one or

stick them to the first non-empty region. I think for the second approach I
have to disable the table, but I don't see any other problem. Is this right?

Thanks,

Ionut I.