hbase-dev mailing list archives

From "Ionut Ignatescu" <ionut.ignate...@gmail.com>
Subject RE: How to merge regions?
Date Tue, 17 Jul 2012 16:07:52 GMT
Thanks for your answer!

Your approach seems very sane, but I want to add/clarify some aspects:

- I created the table with 32 regions and first byte of my key is used to
write in a distributed manner. In this way, the key domain now

has some empty regions. Basically, this empty regions are at the begin of
the initial regions, but seen from the entire range, this regions

are in the middle of the keys domain.

- Let's say I have more consecutive empty regions.I'm considering 2 options
in this situation: merge empty partitions in a bigger one or

stick them to the first nonepty region. I think for the second approach I
have to disable the table, but I don't see any other problem. Is this right?

Thanks,

Ionut I.