hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Ted Yu <yuzhih...@gmail.com>
Subject [pre,post]ScannerOpen() returning a custom RegionScanner implementation
Date Sat, 02 Jun 2012 14:40:33 GMT
Hi,
In reviewing HBASE-5974, Anoop brought up the following consideration (
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-5974?focusedCommentId=13285365&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#comment-13285365
):

Why I was not doing that because through the CP we have exposed the
RegionScanner interface. The pre and post scannerOpen methods in the CP can
return an impl for the RegionScanner now. So in that case customer need to
worry abt maintain this seqNo? I felt that wont be good.

If anyone utilizes [pre,post]ScannerOpen() to return a custom RegionScanner
implementation, would you please share your use case ?

Thanks