hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: HBase configuration using two hadoop servers
Date Fri, 29 Jun 2012 17:22:45 GMT
On Fri, Jun 29, 2012 at 5:26 PM, rockytriton <rockytriton@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm finding the documentation for HBase to be very lacking.  I finally got it
> setup so I can connect 1 hbase to 1 hadoop server though.  What I would
> really like to do is have 1 HBase server connecting to 2 hadoop servers on
> different boxes, so that the data is replicated.  Are there any tutorials on
> doing this?  What would be the steps to take?

Where is the documentation lacking?  Can you cite the location?  A few
of us work on trying to keep it up so we are particularly interested
in new user's difficult experience figuring stuff out.

I'm not sure what you mean by 1 HBase server connecting to to 2 hadoop
servers?  Is that two datanodes?  By default hdfs replicates unless
you tell it not too.  Or are you talking about hbase-level
replication?

St.Ack