hbase-dev mailing list archives

From erwin x <erwinxd...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: HBase security research
Date Mon, 18 Jun 2012 08:25:14 GMT
Hi all,

Thank you for all your enthusiastic responses!

I already started to hack the HBase security source code a litte bit,
but I think a separate project using co-processors is indeed a good
idea. I can then create a separate solution for the research problem
using as much as possible of the existing (security) code.

It is possible that during my research, in the mean time some features
could be implemented by other developers. Although I perhaps could
actively help developing, it makes it difficult to do independent research,
as the requirements are a lit bit different that current solutions,
and it takes some time to create a complete solution for the
research problem (roughly described in first mail).

Therefore I think I propose the project when it is completed,
so you can look if there are some interesting features/results.

I saw various Jira issues that relate to my research, except
HBase-6222 as it was created this weekend :) Thank you
for mentioning that. When some issues are still open at the
end of my research, I perhaps can relate them to my research.

I will now continue with my research and will return to you
if I have some updates. It is good to know that there is
some interest in the research :)

Kind regards,
erwinx