hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Purtell <apurt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Performance Testing
Date Thu, 21 Jun 2012 18:38:00 GMT
On Wed, Jun 20, 2012 at 10:37 PM, Ryan Ausanka-Crues
<ryan@palominolabs.com> wrote:
> I think it makes sense to start by defining the goals for the performance testing project
and then deciding what we'd like to accomplish. As such, I start by soliciting ideas from
everyone on what they would like to see from the project. We can then collate those thoughts
and prioritize the different features. Does that sound like a reasonable approach?

In terms of defining a goal, the fundamental need I see for us as a
project is to quantify performance from one release to the next, thus
be able to avoid regressions by noting adverse changes in release
candidates.

In terms of defining what "performance" means... well, that's an
involved and separate discussion I think.

Best regards,

   - Andy

Hein (via Tom White)