hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Purtell <apurt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Some suggestions for future features
Date Wed, 06 Jun 2012 08:42:40 GMT
as private [@InterfaceAudience.Private]
> Through the CP it is exposed now right. And the above use case need customer to implement
this also.  What about marking this Public?

It is always going to be the case that CPs will require access to
internals. That doesn't mean the APIs they use should be marked
Public, an exception being the CP framework APIs themselves.
InternalScanner should remain Private IMHO, it's in the name. :-)

Best regards,

   - Andy

Hein (via Tom White)