hbase-dev mailing list archives

From yuzhih...@gmail.com
Subject Re: Can there be a doMiniBatchDelete in HRegion?
Date Wed, 20 Jun 2012 13:01:09 GMT
I think you can issue large number of deletes on the same region and observe whether the proposed
new method gives us performance boost.

Thanks

On Jun 20, 2012, at 2:49 AM, Anoop Sam John <anoopsj@huawei.com> wrote:

> Hi Devs
>
>              There is a batch put support in the HRegion level. When the put(List<Put>)
happens from client, Puts corresponding to one region might get grouped together and handled
as a batch.[Depending on the availability of rowlocks..   code in HRegion#doMiniBatchPut]
For this batch there will be single write and sync into the HLog file.

> A similar kind of delete operation, I am not able to see in HRegion. The HTable#delete(List<Delete>)
groups the Deletes for the same RS and make one n/w call only. But within the RS, there will
be N number of delete calls on the region one by one. This will include N number of HLog write
and sync. If this also can be grouped can we get better performance for the multi row delete.
 Is there any problem in doing this batch delete? I am not sure any JIRA is already present
for this.