hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Lars George <lars.geo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Metrics in 0.96
Date Sat, 16 Jun 2012 08:27:54 GMT
Hi Enis,

Hecks yeah, there are so many different prefixes alone that make finding what you need nearly
impossible without practice. I agree on the configurable metrics backend, that will allow
to enable what is needed optionally. We just have to find a good approach. One of the things
that FB has learned the "hard" way is that some metrics at scale are not sustainable. We could,
even think about building in some reasonable heuristics to disable some high throughput metrics
when a threshold is crossed.

Lars