hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Purtell <andrew.purt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Metrics in 0.96
Date Fri, 15 Jun 2012 15:41:44 GMT
+1

And at the same time IMHO it's worth asking if we have everything covered with a meaningful
metric, and add if missing, as well as remove those not useful.

Metrics2 is in Hadoop core 1 and 2. There was a backport into 1 at some point but the latest
(1.0.3) has it for sure.

    - Andy

On Jun 15, 2012, at 8:07 AM, Stack <stack@duboce.net> wrote:

> On Fri, Jun 15, 2012 at 1:07 AM, Lars George <lars.george@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I propose that we clean up the metrics for 0.96 as well (if that is not already underway.
This includes switching to Hadoop Metrics v2 and adding all missing stats, as well as fixing
those that are misleading or useless. For that reason I talked to our friends at Sematext
during the Buzzwords HBase workshop, as well as to our internal HBase team. We all seem to
agree and I'd be happy to setup some sort of call/task force to discuss what we need to work
on etc. Obviously I would love for someone from the FB team to also partake as they have done
heaps lately on that end - but I also understand if that is a timing issue.

>> What do y'all think? My reasoning is that 0.96 might become 1.0, but I would love
for the metrics to be stable by then.