hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Atif Khan <atif_ijaz_k...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Shared HDFS for HBase and MapReduce
Date Wed, 06 Jun 2012 19:23:09 GMT
This is beginning to sound like a catch-22 problem.  I think I personally
would lean towards a single HDFS (high performing) cluster that can be
shared between various types of applications (realtime vs analytics).  Then
control/balance resource requirements for each application.  This would work
for scenarios where I can predict the different types of
applications/workloads before hand.  However, if for some reason the nature
of workload is to shift, that could potentially throw off the whole resource
equilibrium.

Are there any additional Hadoop specific monitoring tools that can be
deployed to predict resource/performance bottlenecks in advance (in addition
to regular BMC type tools)?