hbase-dev mailing list archives

From lars hofhansl <lhofha...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [pre,post]ScannerOpen() returning a custom RegionScanner implementation
Date Sat, 02 Jun 2012 14:48:57 GMT
In general I think it would be beneficial if a Coprocessor could interfere with the sequence
number logic.
The problem is that it would constitute an API change.

-- Lars

________________________________
 From: Ted Yu <yuzhihong@gmail.com>
To: dev@hbase.apache.org
Sent: Saturday, June 2, 2012 7:40 AM
Subject: [pre,post]ScannerOpen() returning a custom RegionScanner implementation

Hi,
In reviewing HBASE-5974, Anoop brought up the following consideration (
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-5974?focusedCommentId=13285365&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#comment-13285365
):

Why I was not doing that because through the CP we have exposed the
RegionScanner interface. The pre and post scannerOpen methods in the CP can
return an impl for the RegionScanner now. So in that case customer need to
worry abt maintain this seqNo? I felt that wont be good.

If anyone utilizes [pre,post]ScannerOpen() to return a custom RegionScanner
implementation, would you please share your use case ?

Thanks