hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Anoop Sam John <anoo...@huawei.com>
Subject RE: Can a server function make a rpc call to the corresponding client
Date Thu, 28 Jun 2012 04:59:59 GMT
Hi
    Can you write your code in a co processor impl? So that server can call your code. CP
will run at server side.
I am not sure whether you must come to the client process itself.

-Anoop-
From: Dishant A [hbase.project@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, June 28, 2012 6:55 AM
To: dev@hbase.apache.org
Subject: Re: Can a server function make a rpc call to the corresponding client

I am working on developing encrypted hbase storage.

The task I am working on currently requires a temporary key from the client
to decrypt the value. I cannot pass it during the client to server RPC as
it will only be known at the time of processing (on server side) so as to
which key is needed. I need to make a RPC to the client to get that key.
Can you suggest a way to do it?