hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Anoop Sam John <anoo...@huawei.com>
Subject RE: Some suggestions for future features
Date Wed, 06 Jun 2012 08:08:57 GMT
>This is possible now with the coprocessor RegionObserver API.

Agree with Andrew.  We can make use of the RegionObserver#preCompact() hook here I think.
This allows to return an InternalScanner implementation. May be we can wrap the actual InternalScanner
object.  This wrapper can do the modifications on the KVs.  Mean while Andrew I have just
seen that in trunk the interface InternalScanner is marked as private [@InterfaceAudience.Private]
Through the CP it is exposed now right. And the above use case need customer to implement
this also.  What about marking this Public?  Correct me if my understanding is wrong pls...
Similar discussion is underway in HBASE-5974 regarding marking RegionScanner as Public.