hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Mikael Sitruk <mikael.sit...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ANN: The third hbase 0.94.0 release candidate is available for download
Date Fri, 11 May 2012 10:24:36 GMT
Stack hi

Sorry for not being precise enough.
The point is that i'm trying to check the impact of HA scenarios. one of
them is when the master goes down.
That is true that the Master is not it the critical path of read/write
unless (please correct me if i'm wrong):
1. new client are trying to connect
2. split/merge occurs
3. another node fails.
So in case the master goes down and start back, i'm interested to
understand how long of unavailability the system will be (under the
scenario above)

For the second case where a RS is down, there is certainly impact on
performance/latency since now other RS need to handle the region of the RS
that is down.
Again i'm interested to understand the impact on performance/latency of the
system under failure of a component and for get/put and scan.

I hope it is clearer and make sense to you.
BTW if you have such graph can you post them??

Thanks
Mikael.S