hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: ANN: The third hbase 0.94.0 release candidate is available for download
Date Fri, 11 May 2012 05:18:23 GMT
On Thu, May 10, 2012 at 10:04 PM, Mikael Sitruk <mikael.sitruk@gmail.com> wrote:
> Stack do you have latency graph during the time the RS and HMaster were
> down? (did you see a big variance in latency)?

Not sure I follow Mikael.  The master is not in the read/write path so
its restart wouldn't impinge on latency.

If you are asking about the cluster restart underneath the mapreduce
job, yes, latency went off the charts since no reads were being served
while the cluster being rebooted.

(Pardon me if I am misunderstanding your question)

> BTW this test is a MR/scan test or you also have update and delete?

Its just a scan (via gora).

I have not done evaluation beyond what I described.  What would you
like to see Mikael?

St.Ack