hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: modularizing trunk
Date Wed, 09 May 2012 17:43:42 GMT
Sounds good Jesse.

> w.r.t. timing of integration of HBASE-4336, we should plan in advance.

Yes.  Thats what Jesse has been doing (See the issue for a recounting
of prep that has gotten us to here).

> Currently there're several big patches pending checkin, e.g. HBASE-5732
> (Remove the SecureRPCEngine and merge the security-related logic in the
> core engine). Such patches would need rebasing if they get integrated after
> HBASE-4336.

Read Jesse's prescription above.  HBASE-5732 will be in before May
22nd so that one in particular is a non-issue.

> I feel HBASE-4336 should go in before (or after) 23rd so that people
> working on other JIRAs have an easier time adjusting to the new structure.

Disagree.  On 23rd there will be a bunch of contributors all in the
one room.  We'll be able to address issues and educate in person.

View raw message