hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: ANN: The third hbase 0.94.0 release candidate is available for download
Date Fri, 11 May 2012 04:15:38 GMT
On Tue, May 1, 2012 at 4:26 PM, lars hofhansl <lhofhansl@yahoo.com> wrote:
> The third 0.94.0 RC is available for download here: http://people.apache.org/~larsh/hbase-0.94.0-rc3/
> (My gpg key is available from pgp.mit.edu. Key id: 7CA45750)

I'm +1 on this RC going out as 0.94.0.  On the hadoop 2.0.0 issues,
I'm w/ Andy that we can fix in a point release.

I loaded a small cluster of 5 nodes running the tip of 0.92 branch
with 10B rows using the goraci tool (so via gora).  I verified that
there no dangling references with the goraci Verify step.  I then
killed the master and stood up the 0.94.0rc3 master and reran the
Verify step (a full scan of the table).  Did some other poking around
to make sure all was good w/ a 0.94.0 master in a 0.92 cluster.  I
killed a regionserver and brought up a 0.94.0 and made sure all was
good.  I stopped the cluster and brought it all up 0.94.0.  I'd left a
Verify running during the restart and the MR job completed anyways.
The Verify step on a clean 0.94.0, a big scan, seems to have run to
completion in about 15% less time than did 0.92.  I checked out the
logs.  Nothing untoward.

St.Ack