hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: Regarding memstoreTS in bulkloaded HFiles
Date Wed, 30 May 2012 18:56:39 GMT
On Tue, May 29, 2012 at 5:55 AM, Anoop Sam John <anoopsj@huawei.com> wrote:
>            In HFile V2 we have introduced the memstore TS to be getting written
to the HFiles. In case of bulk load also, now we are writing a long value as part of every
KV. I think in case of the bulk loading there is no meaning for the memstore TS. Can we avoid
this?

How would we Anoop?  If we create KVs during an upload, the KV
instance will have a memstorets data member?

> As of now we are not able to set any Block encoder algo as part of bulk loading.

This would be a nice feature.  Some of the encodings are intensive so
doing it offline would be sweet for read-heavy deploys.

> Do we need to think making the memstoreTS write into the HFile (in version 2) as some
way configurable? In case of bulk loading we can turn it OFF. Pls correct me if my understanding
is wrong

What you thinking?  This could be a nice addtiion.
St.Ack