hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Purtell <apurt...@apache.org>
Subject suggest umbrella issue for AccessController changes
Date Fri, 25 May 2012 04:57:50 GMT
The extended maintenance / issues with JIRA is preventing me from
making any comments. Or maybe I've added the same comment on a JIRA
multiple times. Who knows.

There are several issues involving the AccessController and how access
control is managed in HBase. I recommend pulling them all together
under an umbrella. There are several related issues:

1) Moving beyond the simple choices of the initial implementation
(admin actions can be performed by more than the superuser, table
owner can now take actions like enable/disable, etc.)

2) More actions must be intercepted as a result of #1

3) New code paths with insufficient coverage.

When JIRA is back up I'll pull this together.

--
Best regards,

   - Andy

Hein (via Tom White)