hbase-dev mailing list archives

From "Espinoza,Carlos" <espino...@oclc.org>
Subject HBase backup option
Date Tue, 08 May 2012 20:46:19 GMT

I was asked to mention this on the mailing list. At OCLC, we are working
towards moving our data to HBase. A huge requirement is to backup our
data, obviously, and seeing that this is still a work in progress, we
decided to write something for ourselves. Using all the resources that
we found available on Jira, the HBase book, etc., we came up with a few
tools that we are currently testing and using. We were able to upload it
to github, so here it is

So far, they have been great for us. And if anyone is interested in
giving it a try, please go ahead, any feedback would be greatly
appreciated. Thanks!