hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Vladimir Tretyakov <vladimir.tretya...@sematext.com>
Subject HBase "NumOps" metrics reseted.
Date Wed, 30 May 2012 06:52:25 GMT
Hi, I am new with Hbase and try to extract HBase metrics by JMX, so I
noticed that "NumOps" metrics reset periodically, but How I see in code
(RegionServerMetrics.java class) they shouldn't.

That what I've got on my mashine:

21:11 (my local time)
       compactRegionNumOps java.lang.Integer = 0
       regionServerReportNumOps java.lang.Integer = 0
       abortNumOps java.lang.Integer = 0
       balanceSwitchNumOps java.lang.Integer = 0
*compactionSizeNumOps java.lang.Integer = 3
      flushTimeNumOps java.lang.Integer = 4*
       fsReadLatencyNumOps java.lang.Integer = 20
       atomicIncrementTimeNumOps java.lang.Integer = 0
       fsSyncLatencyNumOps java.lang.Integer = 65
       fsWriteLatencyNumOps java.lang.Integer = 54
*compactionTimeNumOps java.lang.Integer = 3
      flushSizeNumOps java.lang.Integer = 4*

21:27 (my local time)
       compactRegionNumOps java.lang.Integer = 0
       regionServerReportNumOps java.lang.Integer = 0
       abortNumOps java.lang.Integer = 0
       balanceSwitchNumOps java.lang.Integer = 0
*compactionSizeNumOps java.lang.Integer = 1
      flushTimeNumOps java.lang.Integer = 2*
       fsReadLatencyNumOps java.lang.Integer = 739
       atomicIncrementTimeNumOps java.lang.Integer = 0
       fsSyncLatencyNumOps java.lang.Integer = 51
       fsWriteLatencyNumOps java.lang.Integer = 781
*compactionTimeNumOps java.lang.Integer = 1
      flushSizeNumOps java.lang.Integer = 2*

My Q is: should compactionTimeNumOps, flushSizeNumOps and so one reset
state or they should save their state?

With best regards, Vladimir Tretyakov, Sematext