hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Otis Gospodnetic <otis_gospodne...@yahoo.com>
Subject Exposing config properties via JMX?
Date Tue, 29 May 2012 16:52:23 GMT

For our HBase Performance Monitoring tool we had to do some bytecode instrumentation to catch
the following 2 properties in order to be able to graph them on our MemStore graphs:

* hbase.regionserver.global.memstore.upperLimit
* hbase.regionserver.global.memstore.lowerLimit

Would it make sense to expose these (and all other?) HBase config properties via JMX, so one
can understand how HBase was configured by looking at JMX?  Or are a number of other config
properties already there and we'd just need to provide a patch for any missing ones?

Performance Monitoring for Solr / ElasticSearch / HBase - http://sematext.com/spm