hbase-dev mailing list archives

From lars hofhansl <lhofha...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: ANN: The third hbase 0.94.0 release candidate is available for download
Date Wed, 02 May 2012 05:20:48 GMT
Thanks Todd.

I agree with doing source code releases going forward.

For that, would it be sufficient to just vote against an SVN tag?
Tarballs can then be pulled straight from that tag.

-- Lars

----- Original Message -----
From: Todd Lipcon <todd@cloudera.com>
To: dev@hbase.apache.org; lars hofhansl <lhofhansl@yahoo.com>
Sent: Tuesday, May 1, 2012 9:35 PM
Subject: Re: ANN: The third hbase 0.94.0 release candidate is available for download

+1 from me, I took it for a spin on the local filesystem with some YCSB
load.

Here is my signature on the non-secure tarball.

I didn't check out the secure tarball.

I think for future releases we should do the voting against a source tar
(ie an svn export) since we now produce multiple binaries, and it's easier
to verify that a source tar matches SVN, etc.

-Todd

--
Todd Lipcon
Software Engineer, Cloudera