hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Anoop Sam John <anoo...@huawei.com>
Subject Regarding HBase client read zookeeper data in Secure HBase cluster
Date Tue, 22 May 2012 12:11:53 GMT
Hi Devs
            In case of secure cluster, we allow the HBase clients to read the zk nodes by
providing the global read permissions to all for certain nodes. These nodes are the master
address znode, root server znode and the clusterId znode. In ZKUtil.createACL() , we can see
these node names are specially handled.

But there are some other client side admin APIs which makes a read call into the zookeeper
from the client. This include the isTableEnaled() call (May be some other. I have seen this).
 Here the client directly reads a node in the zookeeper ( node created for this table ) and
the data is matched to know whether this is enabled or not.

Now in secure cluster case any client can read zookeeper nodes which it needs for its normal
operation like the master address and root server address.  But what if the client calls this
API? [isTableEnaled () ]. I think this will be an issue.

-Anoop-