hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Doug Meil <doug.m...@explorysmedical.com>
Subject local bulk loading?
Date Thu, 26 Apr 2012 20:52:23 GMT

Hi Devs-

I'm coding up a local bulkloading example for the RefGuide but I've been banging my head on
this….

 WARN [Thread-8] (LocalJobRunner.java:295) - job_local_0001

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Can't read partitions file

at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.mapreduce.hadoopbackport.TotalOrderPartitioner.setConf(TotalOrderPartitioner.java:111)

at org.apache.hadoop.util.ReflectionUtils.setConf(ReflectionUtils.java:62)

at org.apache.hadoop.util.ReflectionUtils.newInstance(ReflectionUtils.java:117)

at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.MapTask$NewOutputCollector.<init>(MapTask.java:552)

at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.MapTask.runNewMapper(MapTask.java:631)

at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.LocalJobRunner$Job.run(LocalJobRunner.java:212)

Caused by: java.io.FileNotFoundException: File _partition.lst does not exist.

at org.apache.hadoop.fs.RawLocalFileSystem.getFileStatus(RawLocalFileSystem.java:372)

at org.apache.hadoop.fs.FilterFileSystem.getFileStatus(FilterFileSystem.java:251)

at org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileSystem.getLength(FileSystem.java:751)

at org.apache.hadoop.io.SequenceFile$Reader.<init>(SequenceFile.java:1424)

at org.apache.hadoop.io.SequenceFile$Reader.<init>(SequenceFile.java:1419)

at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.mapreduce.hadoopbackport.TotalOrderPartitioner.readPartitions(TotalOrderPartitioner.java:296)

at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.mapreduce.hadoopbackport.TotalOrderPartitioner.setConf(TotalOrderPartitioner.java:82)

… does bulk loading work with the local job runner?  Obviously, you're not going to run
a production cluster off your laptop but it's nice to at least be able to test your code.

I know the DistributedCache doesn't work with the LocalJobRunner (and TotalOrderPartitioner
uses the DistributedCache) and then there's this log message..

 WARN [main] (LocalJobRunner.java:134) - LocalJobRunner does not support symlinking into current
working dir.

… so I'm wondering how this actually works, if it does work locally.

Coincidentally, this exact error is in the troubleshooting chapter..

http://hbase.apache.org/book.html#trouble.mapreduce

… but it came up in a different context.  In the context that the guy was asking the question
he thought he was remote, but he was really local.

Doug Meil
Chief Software Architect, Explorys
doug.meil@explorys.com