hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Jean-Daniel Cryans <jdcry...@apache.org>
Subject Re: hbase-default.xml file seems to be for and old version of HBase (null)
Date Wed, 11 Apr 2012 18:21:21 GMT
If it detects a version "null" it means that you have a very old jar
on your classpath, for example the 0.20 release serie didn't have that
feature so it would return null.

J-D

On Wed, Apr 11, 2012 at 4:14 AM, David Pocivalnik
<David.Pocivalnik@corvitro.com> wrote:
> Hy,
>
> i get the error "hbase-default.xml file seems to be for and old version of Hbase (null)"
when I want to connect to hbase. (hbase 0.92.0, hadoop 1.0.0)
> To mention: hbase and hadoop are osgi bundles and are running. I set the configuration
in the source (Configuration conf = HBaseConfiguration.create()) and pass it on to HBaseAdmin.checkHBaseAvailable(conf)

> I do exactly the same as in the test application that is a standalone java application,
but with the standalone java app I get a connection.

> As noted on http://hbase.apache.org/book/config.files.html I tried to set "hbase.defaults.for.version.skip"
to true, first just in the java code, then also for the hbase server in hbase-site.xml.