hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: Pull instant schema updating out?
Date Tue, 03 Apr 2012 16:35:21 GMT
On Tue, Apr 3, 2012 at 9:14 AM, lars hofhansl <lhofhansl@yahoo.com> wrote:
> If we pull it out it'll never get fixed. :)

Going by recent past, leaving it in doesn't get it fixed either (Its
not even used it seems else someone would have complained before J-Ds
mail yesterday).

> I don't really have strong feelings about this, just that functional schema changes without
disabling the table are a pretty important feature.
> If it's not working and there's no reasonable chance to get it fixed, because nobody
is working on it, then let's pull it.

Agree.  Could pull it and put it on a branch as Joey suggests.

View raw message