hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Jonathan Hsieh <...@cloudera.com>
Subject Adding hadoop 23 compile check to hadoopqa buildbot
Date Wed, 25 Apr 2012 21:55:24 GMT
Hey Devs,

I just wanted to bring to your attention that the hadoop 23/2.x build has
been broken (won't compile) for a week or two, and that I plan on
committing HBASE-5872 to prevent this in the future.  I believe Ted, LarsH,
and I have gotten it working again.

This patch basically does two things at precommit time -- it ensures that
hbase core and tests compiles against hadoop 1.x (this original version
didn't compile tests until it was about to execute them), and it also
ensures that the code and tests can be compiled against hadoop 23/2.x using
the -Dhadoop.profile=23 option.    The first cut doesn't run the unit test
suite against 2.x and also does not add security build stuff.  We could
pretty easily make it do the security builds to ensure patches don't break
that compile either and even have it run the Security tests .

This will probably only affect code/tests that work against MR or accesses
HDFS elements that are not marked for the public audience. So far most of
the problems we've encountered have to do with MR classes getting turned
interfaces and a Enum that got "moved".

Unless I hear otherwise, I'll commit the first cut (no security build, not
hadoop 2.x unit test runs)  first thing tomorrow.

Jon.

--
// Jonathan Hsieh (shay)
// Software Engineer, Cloudera