hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Jonathan Hsieh <...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Additional fields written to HTD while writing htableDescriptor
Date Mon, 23 Apr 2012 08:30:35 GMT
Ram,

The .tableinfo code (
https://github.com/apache/hbase/blob/trunk/src/main/java/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/util/FSTableDescriptors.java#L502)
is similar to the .regioninfo write code (
https://github.com/apache/hbase/blob/trunk/src/main/java/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/regionserver/HRegion.java#L716)
which also also dumps the stringified version of the structure.  This is
useful because we can dump the contents using 'hadoop -cat' without having
to use some script to have a human-readable version of the data.

I've used this during repairs:
https://github.com/jmhsieh/hbase-repair-scripts/blob/master/dumpHriFile.rb )
but it might be better to add a main to HRegionInfo and FSTableDescriptor
that can open and dump the files.

Jon.

--
// Jonathan Hsieh (shay)