hbase-dev mailing list archives

From David Pocivalnik <David.Pocival...@corvitro.com>
Subject hbase-default.xml file seems to be for and old version of HBase (null)
Date Wed, 11 Apr 2012 11:14:15 GMT
Hy,

i get the error "hbase-default.xml file seems to be for and old version of Hbase (null)" when
I want to connect to hbase. (hbase 0.92.0, hadoop 1.0.0)
To mention: hbase and hadoop are osgi bundles and are running. I set the configuration in
the source (Configuration conf = HBaseConfiguration.create()) and pass it on to HBaseAdmin.checkHBaseAvailable(conf)

I do exactly the same as in the test application that is a standalone java application, but
with the standalone java app I get a connection.

As noted on http://hbase.apache.org/book/config.files.html I tried to set "hbase.defaults.for.version.skip"
to true, first just in the java code, then also for the hbase server in hbase-site.xml.

The other thing: I can not find any hbase-default.xml anywhere, neither on the server, nor
in the hbase-jar.

Any hints what I am missing here?
Why can't I just pass the configuration as stated above?
Where would I have to put the hbase-default.xml?
Why is hbase.defaults.for.version.skip=true ignored?

Thanks for any hints.