hbase-dev mailing list archives

From lars hofhansl <lhofha...@yahoo.com>
Subject ANN: The third hbase 0.94.0 release candidate is available for download
Date Wed, 18 Apr 2012 23:20:57 GMT
The third 0.94.0 RC is available for download here:

http://people.apache.org/~larsh/hbase-0.94.0-rc2/
I signed the tarballs. My gpg key (signed by stack) is available from pgp.mit.edu. Key id:
7CA45750

HBase 0.94 is a performance release with a few new features as well.

It is wire compatible with 0.92.x. 0.92 clients should work with 0.94 servers and vice versa.
You can do a rolling restart to get your 0.92.x HBase up on this 0.94.0RC.

The full list of changes is available here:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12310753&version=12316419

Please take this RC for a spin, check out the doc, etc, and vote +1/-1 by April 25th on whether
we should release this as 0.94.0.

Thanks.

-- Lars