hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: DISCUSS: Have hbase require at least hadoop 1.0.0 in hbase 0.96.0?
Date Thu, 08 Mar 2012 17:08:05 GMT
On Thu, Mar 8, 2012 at 12:31 AM, Jonathan Hsieh <jon@cloudera.com> wrote:
> I feel some sympathy towards the existing user argument (we have plenty to
> deal with) -- a compromise may be to have hbase core tested and focused on
> a small number of hdfs versions (apache hadoop 1.0.0 and apache hadoop
> 0.23.x are my first suggestions) and to have an interface that isolates all
> the  the reflection checks that are currently sprinkled throughout the code
> base into an interface which can be targeted to support other specific
> HDFS/DFS flavors.  This would be saner and could explicitly be tested.

HBASE-5074 introduces HFilesystem, the hbase filesystem. In this new
layer, HBASE-5074 does the new checksum facility.  It includes faking
a call that is in a new hdfs that is not in older versions.  Perhaps
its here that we should move all of our reflectioneering so its
contained and grokable?

St.Ack