hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: 0.94 RC
Date Thu, 15 Mar 2012 22:39:03 GMT
On Thu, Mar 15, 2012 at 2:40 PM, lars hofhansl <lhofhansl@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Now that HBASE-4608 is committed I'm planning to create an RC soon.
> Is anybody aware of any issue that needs to get in before an RC? If so, please let me
know.

I was thinking HBASE-5128 "[uber hbck] Enable hbck to automatically
repair table integrity problems as well as region consistency problems
while online." but I see Ted beat me to it.  Rather than our gateing
0.94 on working out this WIP, perhaps JonH, you could do a smaller
patch of critical core changes you need like the addition of the
offline call to the Master Interface, the deprecation Ted mentions,
and there was the comparator addition in HRI?  If you got those things
into core, then hbck work could carry on independent of 0.94...

If you want I could do the surgery on 5128 to extract core changes.

St.Ack