hbase-dev mailing list archives

From "Garg, Rinku" <Rinku.G...@fisglobal.com>
Subject Wrong Path look up in Hbase Bulk Uplaod
Date Mon, 05 Mar 2012 11:17:06 GMT
Hi All,

I am trying to upload a csv file using hbase bulk upload feature. Below is the URL which I
referred:

http://hbase.apache.org/bulk-loads.html

I have the following problem that may be you or someone can help me out with. I am new to
hadoop and the mapreduce feature. I tried to run my mapreduce program and I am getting the
following error message below.

12/03/06 00:58:13 INFO mapred.JobClient: Cleaning up the staging area hdfs://master/hadoop_home/tmp_directory/mapred/staging/hadoop/.staging/job_201203052033_0011
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
        at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.mapreduce.Driver.main(Driver.java:51)
Caused by: org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.lib.input.InvalidInputException: Input path does not
exist: hdfs://master/myHbaseInputDataDir
        at org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.lib.input.FileInputFormat.listStatus(FileInputFormat.java:235)
        at org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.lib.input.FileInputFormat.getSplits(FileInputFormat.java:252)
        at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.JobClient.writeNewSplits(JobClient.java:902)
        at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.JobClient.writeSplits(JobClient.java:919)
        at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.JobClient.access$500(JobClient.java:170)
        at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.JobClient$2.run(JobClient.java:838)
        at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.JobClient$2.run(JobClient.java:791)
        at javax.security.auth.Subject.doAs(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.hadoop.security.UserGroupInformation.doAs(UserGroupInformation.java:1059)
        at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.JobClient.submitJobInternal(JobClient.java:791)
        at org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.Job.submit(Job.java:465)
        at org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.Job.waitForCompletion(Job.java:494)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.mapreduce.ImportTsv.main(ImportTsv.java:313)
        at org.apache.hadoop.util.ProgramDriver$ProgramDescription.invoke(ProgramDriver.java:68)
        at org.apache.hadoop.util.ProgramDriver.driver(ProgramDriver.java:139)
        ... 10 more

I set the input directory as /myHbaseInputDataDir and my output directory as /myHbaseOutputDataDir
 when I try to run the jar file by running the following command:

HADOOP_CLASSPATH=`hbase classpath` $HADOOP_HOME/bin/hadoop jar /hbase_home/hbase-0.92.0/hbase-0.92.0.jar
importtsv  -Dimporttsv.bulk.output=/myHbaseOutputDataDir   -Dimporttsv.columns=HBASE_ROW_KEY,SerialNumber,Name,Asset
Tblassets /myHbaseInputDataDir

However, I seem to be getting an exception about a different input path:
Input path does not exist: hdfs://master/myHbaseInputDataDir. Why is it looking for this input
path shouldn't it be looking for? Any help or clarification as to what I am doing wrong would
be appreciated.

Thanks
Rinku Garg

by persons other than the intended recipient. Thank you.