hbase-dev mailing list archives

From lars hofhansl <lhofha...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Providing coprocessor hooks in rollbackMemStore while doing puts
Date Thu, 22 Mar 2012 16:24:00 GMT
+1
That seems like a hole in the coprocessor framework that we missed when we did added the rollback
logic.

________________________________
 From: Ramkrishna.S.Vasudevan <ramkrishna.vasudevan@huawei.com>
To: dev@hbase.apache.org
Cc: 'rama krishna' <ram_krish_86@hotmail.com>
Sent: Thursday, March 22, 2012 7:59 AM
Subject: Providing coprocessor hooks in rollbackMemStore while doing puts

With coprocessors hooks while put happens we have the provision to create
new puts to other tables or regions.  These puts can be done with writeToWal
as false.
In 0.94 and above the puts are first written to memstore and then to WAL.
If any failure in the WAL append or sync the memstore is rollbacked.
Now the problem is that if the put that happens in the main flow fails there
is no way to rollback the
puts that happened in the prePut.

Can we add hooks like preRollbackMemstore and postRollBackMemstore so that I
will be atleast able to rollback the entries?

Can we raise a JIRA for solving this.