hbase-dev mailing list archives

From "Pan, Thomas" <th...@ebay.com>
Subject Scan performance on a big table as combination of multiple logic tables
Date Wed, 15 Feb 2012 21:57:01 GMT

Since Hbase is tailored to handle one table very well, we are thinking to put multiple tables
into one big table but on different column family sets. Our use case is full table scan against
single column value filters. As records from different "logical tables" are at different column
families, could we speed up the scan performance by simply checking the column family referenced
by these single column value filters first before really going through all the underlying
K-V pairs? It would be great if the Hbase code is already coded that way.

$0.02,
Thomas