hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Shaneal Manek <sma...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: ANN:0.90.6RC4 available for download
Date Sat, 25 Feb 2012 03:23:13 GMT
Ram: The patch you already applied doesn't seem to fix all the issues.
Downloading your hbase-0.90.6.tar.gz tarball, and running 'mvn clean
site install assembly:single -Dmaven.test.skip -Prelease' fails with
license failures (you can see them in the target/rat.txt file). The
same is also true on the tip of the 0.90 branch, but my patch (which I
mistakenly uploaded on the HBASE-5364 JIRA instead of 5377) seems to
fix it. It is, of course, possible that my environment is just broken
- is this not happening for other people when they use the release
profile (-Prelease)?

Ted: Yes, I'm aware that other fixes went into this RC. However, based
on my reading of the vote thread on RC3, it seemed like RC3 was going
to be released as 0.90.6 if not for Jon's -1 due to licensing issues.

For what it's worth, if I were a committer I'd probably +1 this. I'm
just sharing my observations, so others can make an informed decision.

-Shaneal