hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: ANN: 0.90.6 RC3 available for download
Date Tue, 07 Feb 2012 05:27:33 GMT
On Mon, Feb 6, 2012 at 8:37 PM, Jonathan Hsieh <jon@cloudera.com> wrote:
> I was reading into what goes into a release, and based on this I think of
> have to -1 the release from an admin point of view.
> - mvn rat:check looks like it has problems (there are also some in the
> 0.92.0 release) -- attached to this email.

I went through a few.  Looks like its complaining mostly because of
empty files, files it can't read the apache license in (because its
got xml preamble), etc.  I'd say this is important but my guess is
that 0.90.5 wasn't much better.  I'd suggest we could file an issue to
fix this in 0.90.7/0.92.1 but that maybe its not enough to sink the
release?

> - Ram, I think if I understand the signing stuff properly, your gpg
> signature needs to be verifed/signed by someone else in the "web of trust".
>  (following these
> instructions: http://httpd.apache.org/dev/verification.html )

Good one.

I like Todd's suggestion.  I was going to give it a spin in next day
or so.  I could add my signature on the end?

St.Ack
P.S. Ram, here is a reason for why you need to come to SF for hbasecon
so we can meet you face to face and sign your key.