hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Jonathan Hsieh <...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: ANN: 0.90.6 RC3 available for download
Date Tue, 07 Feb 2012 04:37:30 GMT
Good news, I'm +1 from a functionality point of view.  Bad news I think I
have to -1 from an administrative point of view.  I'm kind of new to this,
so folks please correct me if I shouldn't be concerned.

Looks good to me from a functional point of view:
+ Setup on a 5 node cluster on top of CDH3u3 HDFS
++ Ran Apache Bigtop 0.3.0-SNAPSHOT's TestLoadAndVerify overnight in a loop
++ Did some manual kill tests of masters, as well as root, meta and random
RS.
+ Diffed the 'ls -R' of 0.90.5 and 0.90.6 and diffs looked sane based on
patches.
+ md5sums look good.

I was reading into what goes into a release, and based on this I think of
have to -1 the release from an admin point of view.
- mvn rat:check looks like it has problems (there are also some in the
0.92.0 release) -- attached to this email.
- Ram, I think if I understand the signing stuff properly, your gpg
signature needs to be verifed/signed by someone else in the "web of trust".
 (following these instructions:
http://httpd.apache.org/dev/verification.html )

----
[jon@c0309 dist]$ gpg --verify hbase-0.90.6.tar.gz.asc
hbase-0.90.6.rc3.tar.gz
gpg: Signature made Sat 04 Feb 2012 09:24:17 PM PST using RSA key ID
867B57B8
gpg: Good signature from "Ramkrishna S Vasudevan (for code checkin) <
ram_krish_86@hotmail.com>"
gpg:          There is no indication that the signature belongs to the
owner.
Primary key fingerprint: 7405 BB74 016B E7D0 7B25  15E3 A1AB D56E 867B 57B8
[jon@c0309 dist]$ gpg --fingerprint 867B57B8
pub   4096R/867B57B8 2012-01-14
      Key fingerprint = 7405 BB74 016B E7D0 7B25  15E3 A1AB D56E 867B 57B8
uid                  Ramkrishna S Vasudevan (for code checkin) <
ram_krish_86@hotmail.com>
sub   4096R/AE508DE2 2012-01-14
----

Jon.