hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Jonathan Hsieh <...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: ANN: 0.90.6 RC3 available for download
Date Thu, 09 Feb 2012 16:39:27 GMT
On Mon, Feb 6, 2012 at 9:27 PM, Stack <stack@duboce.net> wrote:

> On Mon, Feb 6, 2012 at 8:37 PM, Jonathan Hsieh <jon@cloudera.com> wrote:
> > I was reading into what goes into a release, and based on this I think of
> > have to -1 the release from an admin point of view.
> > - mvn rat:check looks like it has problems (there are also some in the
> > 0.92.0 release) -- attached to this email.
> I went through a few.  Looks like its complaining mostly because of
> empty files, files it can't read the apache license in (because its
> got xml preamble), etc.  I'd say this is important but my guess is
> that 0.90.5 wasn't much better.  I'd suggest we could file an issue to
> fix this in 0.90.7/0.92.1 but that maybe its not enough to sink the
> release?
I chatted with some of the apache veterans, and I'm going to stand by the
-1 unless the licenses are fixed.  It should be trivial fix.

See this: http://www.apache.org/legal/src-headers.html
"What files in an Apache release do not require a license header?"

That said, release votes are by majority, and there is no veto:

// Jonathan Hsieh (shay)
// Software Engineer, Cloudera
// jon@cloudera.com